- Max user weight : 100 kg
- Rail : is 25 mm diameter tubular steel.
- Base size is 340 mm wide x 800 mm long
- Finish : steel is powder coated, timber is Lacquer.
- Base : 16 mm water resistant compressed sheet
- Height : 550mm
- Optional fixings : cord and cleat fixing or strap and buckle
- Note : If you are concerned about head entrapment, use our Safe rail divider.
Oblong Shaped Bed Lever (MF 3/11)
Using the Bed lever
Used with people up to 100kg in weight this is a bed grab handle that can be positioned at the bedside. It is helpful to people that need assistance with transferring on and off the bed as well as sitting up or rolling over in bed. Many people also find it useful to provide stability when sitting on the edge of the bed. These features enable more independence and bed mobility for the user.
Resistance to head entrapment
Everyone moves when they are sleeping and some have uncontrolled movement especially those that have epileptic fits, seizures and people who have Parkinson’s disease might also present problems with entrapment to name but a few. For this reason we recommend the MF 3/11 S (see the brochure below for details) as the gaps between the vertical tubes resist head entrapment. Additionally the cord and cleat fixing can be used to hold the lever hard against the mattress preventing entrapment between the lever and the side of the mattress. The above method meets the known standard for bed side rails on a medical bed.
How to fit the bed rail
The base board of the Bed lever fits between the mattress and the bed base. The cord extends to the other side of the bed and fixes to the wooden cleat. The handrail extends up the side of the bed to provide a hand hold.
Will not pull out from the bed when you pull on the rail.
If fixed to the bed with the strong braided cord and cleat or strap and buckle. This feature gives the bed rail a very solid feel and the security of knowing the rail is safer.
Type of beds that it will fit
Inner sprung beds
Will fit some profiling beds
Slats beds have a wooden base with a lip around the edge. This makes it imposable to fit the traditional Bed lever because the bulky wooden block under the hand rail gets in the way. The Multifit Bed Lever has no such block and so can easily fit to slat beds and inner sprung beds alike.
- Professionally tested for strength and stability to ensure your safety.
- Fits slatted beds and divan beds making it very versatile.
- Extra Safe if fitted with Cord and cleat or Strap and buckle option. This anchors the rail in place and prevents it pulling out from the bed.
- The 16 mm base is made from water resistant custom wood and lacquered for added benefits when cleaning.
- 2 year Guarantee
- Great Value, Quality and Service
Oblong Shaped Bed Lever Brochure (View)